The Festival of Open Research will celebrate the open research practices taking place here at the University of Southampton.
Please join us at the festival on Monday 27 June 2022 from 1-5pm in Building 58 to celebrate our work with the UK Reproducibility Network, as well as research integrity and research culture initiatives.
This face-to-face event will focus on helping staff and postgraduate students develop a range of skills and become acquainted with a variety of important themes related to open research practices. It will also be a great event to learn about the increasing focus on such practices across many disciplines.
Our Vice President of Research and Enterprise, Professor Mark Spearing will open the festival, after which Dr Malvika Sharan of The Turing Way will give a plenary talk about community building and open research perspectives. This will be followed by two sets of parallel sessions showcasing examples of open research practice across disciplines and career stages.
Topics in the parallel sessions, given by a variety of colleagues across disciplines, faculties, career stages and methodological approaches will include:
• the role of research on research in funding organisations,
• an introduction to narrative CVs,
• the role a journal club can play in nurturing research culture,
• the degrees of freedom researchers have in analysing their data,
• how good documentation can lead to more research collaboration, and
• how software skills can advance your research and/or teaching.
The festival will conclude with refreshments and some open research prizes!
Register for your free ticket via this Eventbrite page.
Location and contact
University of Southampton