International Graduate Ambassadors

Find below a list of our Graduate Ambassadors based internationally. These graduates are from the years 2020 & 2021. If you’re interested in involving some of our Graduate Ambassadors for an event or activity at the University, please get in touch with givetime@soton.ac.uk

Some of our Graduates are from a Widening Participation and Social Mobility background if you are interested in involving them in a specific event please get in touch on the above email.

Griselda Valtierra Villalobos – MSc Supply Chain Management and Logistics 2021

I can offer advice for international students, from deciding where and what to study, to scholarships, visas including adjusting to a new education system. I can also share my story through student life talks as a first-generation student.

Skills: I speak English, Spanish and Portuguese fluently and experience in Mental health and wellbeing, as a student and graduate that has been through it, and used the university resources that are available as well as other personal resources.

Works as a Solutions Engineer at a logistics management organization for international freight.

Bhavna Sharma – MA Luxury Brand Management 2020

As a Graduate Ambassador, I would be able to help through giving degree advice and taking part in student life talks as an international and mature student I feel my insights would be quite valuable.

Skills: My strongest skill is communication, from my experience as an operations manager in luxury hospitality; and as an international student. I have also honed my networking skills, my management and organisation skills. As a student mentor at University it has also helped me gain strong mentorship skills.

Works part time with a UK based IT firm, and part time as a Feature Writer for a US based luxury website whilst located currently in India.

Ella Fletcher – BA Modern Languages 2021

I really enjoy giving advice, both pertinent to my area of studies and to student life in general. I have also have valuable professional experience across many sectors (education, retail, and marketing) and have studied abroad.

Skills: I am confident taking part in online events, including discussions and giving presentations, due to my experience with the Regular Giving team at Southampton.

I am readily contactable and good at giving advice, when needed.

I am dependable and stick to my commitments; I am used to juggling multiple roles at once.

Currently in Spain studying a Masters in Applied Linguistics.

Rosmalily Salleh – PhD Education 2020

I’d love to help in any activities such as student life talks, campus recruitment events, sharing information, and answering question from prospective students.

Skills: My positivity and eagerness. I am confident and have experience of being a student ambassador and as a research assistant to professors which has enhanced both the soft and hard skills that involve human relations, research and planning, management, and computer skills.